Have you recently moved to Shreveport-Bossier or are you visiting?
Let us give you the lay of the land and some ideas on how to use the site so you get the most out of it.
Start with the PARENT BUSINESS DIRECTORY and click on ACTIVITIES AND FAMILY FUN to see all the things to do. If you are looking for Preschools, Private or Public Schools, visit the SCHOOLS & TEACHERS.
You can find babysitters on our CLASSIFIEDS and under CHILDCARE. Just want to get outside for a while, view PARKS in our area or the EVENTS CALENDAR.
You'll want to check out our ACTIVITIES AND FAMILY FUN to see a complete listing of all the things Shreveport Bossier has to offer families.
To name a few...
- LSci-Port: LOUISIANA's Science Center -- Shreveport Riverfront -- Clyde Fant Parkway
- Barnwell Art Center
- Louisiana Boardwalk -- Bossier Riverfront -- Bass Pro Shop Drive
- Texas Street Bridge -- downtown riverfront -- America's largest neon environmental structure.
- Splash Town -- 7670 W. 70th -- 318-938-1183 -- Waterpark, open May-Sept.
- Parks, Lake Beaches & Sprayscapes/Water Fountains -- Shreveport & Bossier
- Red River Revel Arts Festival (Sept/Oct)
- LSUS Continuing Education --camps, classes, sport clinics
- Norton Art Gallery -- museum and azela gardens
- Eighth Air Force Museum -- Barksdale Air Force Base, 100 yds east of north gate
- Louisiana State Exhibit Museum -- 3015 Greenwood Rd. (on fairgrounds) -- 318- 632-2020
- American Rose Center -- 8877 Jefferson-Paige Rd., Greenwood (Exit 5, I-20 west)
Shreveport-Bossier Family Festivals
- African American History Month Festival
- American Rose Center Spring Bloom Celebration
- Annual Sunflower Trail & Festival
- Black Arts Festival
- Benton on the Square Folk art Festival
- Christmas on Caddo
- Cinco de Mayo Festival
- Dogwood Festival
- Holiday in Dixie
- Holiday Trail of Lights
- James Burton International Guitar Festival
- Jazz Music Festival
- Krewe of Aesclepius Parade
- Krewe of Barkus & Meoux Parade
- Krewe of Centaur Parade
- Krewe of Gemini Parade
- Krewe of Highland Parade
- Krewe of Sobek Parade
- Let the Good Times Roll Festival
- Louisiana Red Bud Festival
- Mooringsport Fall Festival
- Mudbug Madness
- Pioneer Days Festival
- Poke Salad Festival
- Pumpkin Shine on Line
- Red River Revel Arts Festival
- Rockets Over the Red
- Scottish Tartan Festival
- Springhill Lumberjack Festival
- State Fair of Louisiana
- SuperDerby Festival
- Twelfth Night Celebration
See the EVENTS CALENDAR for event dates.
Useful Visitor/Newcomer Information
Shreveport Sales Tax - 8.6%
Bossier City Sales Tax - 9.0%
Hotel tax for both cities - 13.1%
Bossier City Links: